Monday, April 26, 2010

W.I.P : Phase 3 of Blue Frame and another new kit

Finally, over the weekend did I manage to take some time out to continue on the works of my blue frame.

Finally got the orange parts airbrushed at all... I had to keep mixing the Gaia Notes Orange Yellow with Gaia Notes Bright red to achieve a nice dark shade of orange as compared to the original colour.

I've completed painting the head + panel lining.. but its still kind of messy, will need to clean it up before further detailing.

Close up shots of the head. I had to hand paint in some details as well.




Here's what has been done till date.



Will continue to try to finish it by tomorrow or day after latest! :D

Okay... Here's another Works in progress. This one is not done by me... but rather... my wife! This is the 1/144 sized Char Aznable's Zaku II First Grade edition. Surprisingly, I have never seen this kit of sale outside...



This kit's box was really small and it comes really cheap as well. Look at the price! On top of that I had a futher 20% discount which dropped the price to $5.20


I've gotten her quite a number of kits till date... MG and HGUC Kampfer, Sinanju, MG and HGUC Unicorn... etc, but she thought this was really cute addtion as well... since she already has the same SD ZAKU II and the Gashapon..

Well, opening up the box, You can really see why its called FG(First Grade) and that explains the price as well. It's all MONO COLORED!




However, its perfect for her since she wants to airbrush it with a customized color off her own.
Here's a look at the manual.


Here's showing her in action :D



Here's showing her color scheme!
Silver for the tubings on the zaku II...


and pink for the body instead of original reddish shade.




Well, running 2 kits can be very time consuming since I can't get my blue frame done when she's attempting her Zaku.. However, I was really glad to see her enjoying building and painting gundams as much as I do. :D

Till the next post... Adios man..
Thanks for viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment