Wednesday, April 14, 2010

W.I.P of MG Blue Frame: Phase 2

Okay..... I haven't had the time to be updating this recently due to my busy workload and other family commitments, but I managed to get some work going for the blue frame thankfully. Or else it's just gonna be a S.W.I.P (Slow works in progress)

Well, here's some of the updates that I've done up for now. I've more or less completed the hands and legs.


Well, from the pic above, it doesn't look anything different from it being snapped built right out of the box. For this kit, I didn't even use primer prior to airbrushing. All I did was to cut out the parts and spray the colour onto it.

And I have to say, I love my models to be anime and "exact colour specified" accurate. I'm not one of those who likes to experiment with lots of different colours and modifications trying to make the whole thing look cooler than it originally was. So for this model kit, I try to find the closest colour possible and just get the painting job done.
Here's some close up pics of the colour painted on it... I really wanted the blue frame to be as glossy as my skills would have it.



I've positioned the arms and legs against the lights to showcase the glossiness of the paints :D

Next up are the fingers! I don't have a picture of it in its original unpainted state, but its a solid blue colour. So from the manual, it has whites and blues on its fingers, so I got it airbrushed. and I used something to aid me in masking of the very very awkward placements. Here's how it looks like when airbrushed.


Hmm??? Its peeling off!?


Why is it green!!??

\p.s pardon the odd blotches. It has to be re-worked again.

Well, the thing I've used to aid me is..... LIQUID MASK!! Its a really incredible tool for modeler's who mask and airbrush a lot.


I haven't got around to use it intensively... but I can foresee that it'll be used alot more soon for other models. :D
Thats it for the blue frame for now... Will post more about it soon as I get it up.

P.S. Realized that I haven't posted the tools that I use for gundam modeling. :p.

Now, on the other random stuffs...

About a week back , I mentioned that I've got many backlogs undone right? Well.. here's a couple of pictures showcasing all I have currently.



Well, for gundam lovers, its pretty much shows that I am a Universal Century kind of guy, except for the Astrays which is an exception. :p The katana wielding Astray red frame realy got me hooked the moment I laid eyes on him.... and the blue frame was just an accompaniment... but the blue frame looks cool too of course. :)

Well, here's another bunch of kits that I just obtained yesterday. Yes... only yesterday. 13th of April. Yes I know I'm nuts alright. hahahaha.


And yes I'm so happy that I've gotten all 3 Mobile Armour's of the 0083 Stardust Memory Anime! They are the Val Walo, Neue Ziel, and Dendrobium Orchis! I love universal century gundams... 0083 stardust memory especially.

If anyone was wondering why I have so many GP02s and Sentinel Gundams... its because of the Bad-ass and kick-ass looks. lol

Well, Gonna sign off for now. more to come next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment