Monday, March 22, 2010

Hi everyone,

Here's my first WIP, a 1/144 HGUC Rick Dias from the anime of 'Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam'. This mobile suit was piloted by Quattro Bageena (aka Char Aznable) who was the main antagonist in the original Gundam 0079 anime.
Anyway, without further ado, lets move on to the works of this model kit.

To most people, this model may seem plain and un-attractive. However, to me, this model simply exudes a certain type of flair that makes me adore the appearance. Personally, I got even more interested in it after I watched the anime series of Zeta Gundam.

Here's the pic of the box cover and manual cover.



Now, comes seam removal from the joints of the pieces.
I apply cement along the lines of the seams.





After letting it dry for a day, I use sandpapers of grit 400, 600 and 1000 respectively to sand down the dried cement.
The grey patches comes from putty used to smoothen the surface.
Here's the results. Smooth eh? :D


Group picture of all parts before priming.



For this build, I intend to use a similiar colour, but with a difference.
Stay tuned for more pictures! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment